Spring is just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about that gorgeous glow that you need to feel comfortable and confident in your warm-weather wardrobe. Sunless tanning is the safest way to get a tan, and it provides you with amazing, long-lasting results. However, to fully love the glow you achieve from your spray tan session, you will need to select the right spray tan color for your skin tone.
Below, we’re discussing several tips to help you choose a shade that will provide you with natural-looking results.
1. Understand Your Skin Tone and Undertone Before Selecting a Color
There are a wide variety of spray tan colors to choose from, and different shades achieve different results depending on the unique composition of your skin. Therefore, you’ll want to take the time to consider your skin tone and learn about your skin’s undertone before you decide on a color for your next spray tan session.
Your skin tone is the color of your skin’s surface and ranges from fair to dark. Your skin undertone, on the other hand, is the subtle color that exists underneath the surface. This shade can be harder to detect and is often categorized by the following characteristics:
- Cool – A cool undertone will add a pink touch to the appearance of your skin.
- Warm – A warm undertone will add a yellow tone to your skin.
- Neutral – A neutral undertone will add a gray hue to your skin.
2. Choose a Color that Suits Your Personal Goals for the Spray Tan Session
Every person has a different goal when they schedule a spray tan session. Some are simply trying to enhance their natural skin tone, while others are looking to go a shade or two darker for the summer season. It’s important to consider what you want and to choose a spray tan color that will complement your natural skin tone and undertone.
You may want to consider these color selections based on your skin tone:
- Fair Skin – If you have fair skin and are looking for a healthy glow, you should consider a light gold spray tan color. Caramel or soft golden may be an ideal option.
- Medium Skin – If you have a medium skin tone and are hoping to look darker for an upcoming vacation, you should select a spray tan color with a bronze tone. Sunset is a popular choice among those with medium skin.
- Dark Skin – If you have dark skin and you want to add a warm glow for the season, you should opt for a chocolate shade. Cocoa butter is an ideal color that evens your skin tone and adds the sun-kissed look you crave.
3. Talk with the Professionals at the Tanning Salon
If you still feel confused about which spray tan color to choose, the best thing to do is consult with the professionals who work at your preferred sunless tanning salon. They can make personalized recommendations based on your skin tone as well as your goals for the spray tan session.
Fortunately, there are a lot of spray tan colors to choose from, so it’s entirely possible for you to find the exact match for your skin tone. When you book a spray tan session at a sunless tanning salon that prioritizes customization, you will get a safe, natural-looking tan every time.