Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Understand Your Skin Tone and Undertone Before Selecting a Color
There are a wide variety of spray tan colors to choose from, and different shades achieve different results depending on the unique composition of your skin. Therefore, you’ll want to take the time to consider your skin tone and learn about your skin’s undertone before you decide on a color for your next spray tan session.
Your skin tone is the color of your skin’s surface and ranges from fair to dark. Your skin undertone, on the other hand, is the subtle color that exists underneath the surface. This shade can be harder to detect and is often categorized by the following characteristics:
- Cool – A cool undertone will add a pink touch to the appearance of your skin.
- Warm – A warm undertone will add a yellow tone to your skin.
- Neutral – A neutral undertone will add a gray hue to your skin.
2. Choose a Color that Suits Your Personal Goals for the Spray Tan Session
Every person has a different goal when they schedule a spray tan session. Some are simply trying to enhance their natural skin tone, while others are looking to go a shade or two darker for the summer season. It’s important to consider what you want and to choose a spray tan color that will complement your natural skin tone and undertone.
You may want to consider these color selections based on your skin tone:
- Fair Skin – If you have fair skin and are looking for a healthy glow, you should consider a light gold spray tan color. Caramel or soft golden may be an ideal option.
- Medium Skin – If you have a medium skin tone and are hoping to look darker for an upcoming vacation, you should select a spray tan color with a bronze tone. Sunset is a popular choice among those with medium skin.
- Dark Skin – If you have dark skin and you want to add a warm glow for the season, you should opt for a chocolate shade. Cocoa butter is an ideal color that evens your skin tone and adds the sun-kissed look you crave.
3. Talk with the Professionals at the Tanning Salon
If you still feel confused about which spray tan color to choose, the best thing to do is consult with the professionals who work at your preferred sunless tanning salon. They can make personalized recommendations based on your skin tone as well as your goals for the spray tan session.
Fortunately, there are a lot of spray tan colors to choose from, so it’s entirely possible for you to find the exact match for your skin tone. When you book a spray tan session at a sunless tanning salon that prioritizes customization, you will get a safe, natural-looking tan every time.
To schedule your spray tanning session or learn more about our color selections, contact Tommy’s Tanning today!
Whether you have a big event coming up or are simply trying to achieve a gorgeous, golden tan before swimsuit season starts, you’re probably wondering how long it takes to reach the perfect shade. Unfortunately, there’s no clear answer, as results differ based on several factors.
However, by understanding what influences your tanning bed results, you can gauge how often you’ll need to tan in order to achieve your ideal glow. Let’s take a closer look at a few things to keep in mind!
Factors That Influence Your Indoor Tanning Results
As you begin planning your tanning sessions, it’s important to be aware of the elements that may affect your total tanning time. These include:
Tanning Bed Quality
The quality of your tanning bed is perhaps the biggest factor that influences how many sessions you need. When you choose the latest state-of-the-art equipment, you’ll see faster and more reliable results.
At Tommy’s Tanning, we use only the most cutting-edge tanning equipment, including 10 to 15-minute laydown beds and 9 to 12-minute stand-up beds. We also offer a variety of amenities that make your experience more comfortable, such as facial and shoulder tanners, built-in cooling fans, aromatherapy, and integrated MP3/iPod connection ports.
Your Skin Tone and Type
Your natural skin tone and type play a significant role in tanning time. If you already have dark skin, you can most likely start with full tanning sessions, and you may see results in just one or two appointments. Meanwhile, if you have very light skin, you’ll likely need to start with abbreviated sessions and work your way up to the full 10 or 15 minutes.
Jumping in with a full session may seem like a great way to get maximum results in minimum time, but this approach can backfire very quickly. If you start by tanning for the full 10 or 15 minutes, you could easily get burned and need to take some time off to allow your skin to heal. Luckily, you can skip this complication by consulting with the experts at Tommy’s Tanning. Our friendly team is happy to tailor a tanning plan for you, whether you’re already somewhat dark or your skin is super fair.
Tanning Lotions and Sprays
Products like indoor lotions and sprays are one of the most effective ways to boost your tanning power. Keep in mind that standard sunscreens can block both UVA and UVB rays, which may interfere with your tanning process. Instead, use special indoor tanning products, which actually enhance the effects of these rays to give you more noticeable results. Additionally, many of these products contain special ingredients that bronze your skin, boost blood flow, and otherwise accelerate your tanning results.
The Bottom Line
Because it’s difficult to determine the exact number of appointments you’ll need before you start tanning, it’s best to complete a few initial sessions and assess your progress along the way. Once you’ve seen how your body tans, the Tommy’s Tanning team can create the ideal schedule to help you achieve fast results.
Ready to start building a glowing, beach-ready tan? Contact Tommy’s Tanning today!
Today, you don’t have to spend hours at the beach to get a healthy glow. Instead, you can achieve a beautiful, golden color at any time of year with a UV tanning bed. And while most people must complete three to five sessions to see noticeable results, there are several things you can do to make sure you maximize your tanning time. Let’s take a look!
1. Exfoliate Before Your Tanning Session
Dead skin cells, environmental pollutants, and natural oils can accumulate on the surface of your skin, creating a dull barrier. Therefore, before you apply any tanning accelerators or lotions, it’s best to use a pre-tan exfoliant. This will help you avoid uneven, blotchy results and help your skin soak up moisturizing tanning products.
There are hundreds of exfoliants available, so be sure to choose one that’s best for your skin type. If you have sensitive, thin, or soft skin, you should use an exfoliator with natural ingredients like sugar and sea salt. Alternatively, you can skip the product and exfoliate in the shower using a loofah. For naturally dry skin, choose an exfoliator that contains tan-friendly moisturizers. You should also avoid lotions that contain harsh ingredients like parabens, acids, and alcohol. Finally, for acne-prone skin, stick to exfoliation products that contain salicylic acid or glycol. However, you should only use this the night before you tan, as the ingredients may lighten your skin.
Ready for a pro tip? Spend extra time focusing on rough or calloused areas of your skin, such as the elbows, knees, and ankles. That way, you can have an even bronze from head to toe!
2. Use Tanning Lotions and Accelerators
If you’re a veteran tanner, you’ve probably tried a plethora of products over the years. However, if you’re new to indoor tanning, you may feel overwhelmed with all of the choices. The following are just a sampling of the many tanning products on the market:
- Tanning Oils
- Tanning Lotions
- Products with SPF For Face, Lips, and Other Delicate Areas
- Tanning Accelerators
Our advice? Look for tanning lotions and accelerators that include vitamins A, C, and E. These nutrients can help protect against sun damage and keep your glow looking healthy.
3. Only Use Approved Products
To get the most out of your tanning bed session, only use lotions, oils, and accelerators that are approved for your tanning system. You should also avoid applying other skincare products for up to 12 hours before you plan to tan. Don’t know which pre-tan product to choose? Ask a member of our team to help determine which product is right for you.
4. Apply a Post-Tan Lotion and Tan Extender
Certain moisturizers, oils, and tan extenders can help your glow last even longer. Plus, they often prevent dry skin and peeling! So, after your tanning session, be sure to apply a moisturizing product at least twice a day.
5. Remember to Stay Hydrated
Keep in mind that moisturizing is not the same as hydrating. Water is your body’s principal component at the cellular level, and it’s essential to maintaining healthy skin and tissues. Exposure to UV lights during indoor tanning sessions naturally depletes water stores, which can lead to premature aging and electrolyte imbalances. However, studies show that drinking water improves the skin’s texture and tone while preventing flakiness.
Achieve Your Ideal Glow at Tommy’s Tanning
Now that you know how to make the most of your tanning bed session, it’s time to get your glow on! Tommy’s Tanning has everything you need to achieve a gorgeous, sun kissed color. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
A spray tan is the perfect way to achieve that ideal glow, regardless of the weather conditions or the time of year. Due to the fact that spray tanning is both convenient and healthy, it’s become a popular option for people who are heading to special events. If you need a spray tan for a wedding or you want to look great before you head off to a tropical vacation, you will want to work with an experienced tanning salon to create a plan that will give you the results that you need.
When Should I Come in for a Spray Tan Before an Event?
Ideally, you should come at least three days prior to the event that is scheduled. This is due to the fact that sunless tanning is not an instant process. Generally, the tan that is achieved during the sunless tanning session will darken over the next several days, usually reaching its peak on the third day. You will want to time your spray tanning session accordingly, so that you can maximize your best look for the most important day. It also gives you an opportunity to rinse your skin after the spray tanning session, which often makes people feel more comfortable before they go out to show off their natural-looking glow. Be sure to contact the tanning salon in advance so that you can schedule a spray tan session at the most ideal time. It is often recommended that you make an appointment so that you can be guaranteed a spot on a day that works for your personal schedule and allows you to accommodate for your upcoming event.
How Long Can I Expect My Spray Tan to Last?
The lifespan of a spray tan is different than the lifespan of a tan that is achieved from the natural sun or from UV lighting. In general, one sunless tanning session will result in a tan that lasts for about seven to nine days. The tan begins lighter, peaks around days three or four, and gradually begins to fade as the body is rinsed and the skin is exposed to the elements. Because of the limited lifespan of the spray tan, you will want to avoid scheduling your sunless tanning session too far in advance of the special event. For example, you should not go for spray tanning a week prior to a wedding, because the tan will be mostly faded by the time the big day occurs. It is better to go about three days in advance, as previously mentioned.
Tips for Prolonging the Life of a Spray Tan
While the average spray tan will last for seven to nine days, there are things that you can do to improve the results and make the tan last for as long as possible:
- Exfoliate Your Skin Before Your Sunless Tanning Session– When you exfoliate, you remove the dead skin cells, dirt, and debris that may inhibit your skin from properly absorbing the sunless tanning treatment. Be sure to exfoliate a day or two before your appointment to ensure a smooth application.
- Shave Your Legs Before Your Spray Tanning Appointment– Shaving your legs can help ensure a smoother spray tan application. However, if you shave your legs too close to your appointment time, your pores will be open, and you may not have an even tan after the session. To avoid this, try to shave at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Take Cooler Showers After Your Sunless Tanning Session– Cool water is less likely to rinse away the sunless tan and will help your tan last longer. So, in the days following your appointment, opt for lukewarm water when showering.
- Moisturize Frequently – Moisturizing your skin will help maintain its health while simultaneously improving your glow. The tanning specialists at Tommy’s Tannings can recommend moisturizers that work well for those who enjoy sunless tanning.
Ultimately, the key to getting a great spray tan before an event is to work with a professional tanning salon, such as Tommy’s Tanning. We specialize in sunless tanning and work with each individual client in order to create a natural, glowing look after the treatment is complete. In addition, our tanning specialists can provide recommendations for lotions and products that will improve the look of the sunless tan as well as extend its lifespan.
For more information on spray tanning before a wedding or other major event, contact us at Tommy’s Tanning today.
When you enter a premier tanning salon, you might be met with the question: “Would you like a stand-up tanning bed or a lay-down tanning bed?” If you haven’t been given this choice before, you may feel confused as to which is the best decision.
Ultimately, it’s a matter of preference for most people. Both types of tanning beds will provide an amazing, natural-looking tan, but the experience can vary.
This breakdown will help you make the choice that is right for you:
Selecting a Lay-Down Tanning Bed
- Lay down tanning beds allow you to rest and relax while getting your desired tan. This is a more traditional bed and is often what people expect when they come for a tanning salon experience. For many, this is the only time during their day when they can rest their eyes and let their mind wander. In many ways, it’s a therapeutic experience and can be very comforting under the warm lights.
- Lay down tanning bed sessions last anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes. The lights are not usually as intense in these beds. Another aspect that many people enjoy when using a lay down tanning bed is the longer-lasting sessions. This increases the relaxation of the experience and allows for more rest time while tanning. While the lights are not as intense, they do still provide a nice tan for those who select this tanning bed option.
- Lay down tanning beds do have pressure points, which can impact the final look of the tan. One of the downsides to selecting a lay down tanning bed is the fact that pressure points are created while you are resting on the bed. This prevents the UV rays from being fully absorbed by the skin and can create small spots or creases in the tan. Those who are trying to decide between the two types of tanning beds should consider this before making their final selection.
Selecting a Stand-Up Tanning Bed
- Stand up tanning beds require you to stand in place for the duration of the session. Compared to the lay down tanning bed, the stand up bed can feel more like work than a relaxing afternoon at the salon. Those who are used to having a more restful experience may not enjoy the stand up bed as much as they like the lay down tanning bed.
- The lights in a stand up bed are more intense, so the tanning sessions can be shorter. Most last for about 10 to 15 minutes. This is a benefit to those who do enjoy standing in place for their tanning session. These shorter sessions have also made the stand up tanning beds a popular choice for those who are trying to get a great tan on the go. It’s easy to fit in a stand up tanning session on a lunch break or on the way home from work.
- Many people report that they get a more even tan when using a stand up bed. There are no pressure points, and the UV light has access to all exposed skin. There are rarely crease lines or pressure point marks when a person uses a stand up tanning bed, which has led more people to select this option.
Every person who comes into a tanning salon has different goals. Some are looking to bronze up before an upcoming vacation to a tropical destination, whereas others are hoping to maintain a healthy tan throughout the entire year. Regardless of your individual goals when tanning, it’s important that you go to a tanning salon that will work with you to help you achieve the look that you want and need.
At Tommy’s Tanning, we provide all of our clients with personalized customer service and care. We work with you to help you choose the tanning bed that will allow you to relax and stay comfortable while achieving an amazing tan. In addition, we provide recommendations for the best skin care products that will give you an improved, long-lasting tan.
For more information on how to get the best tan at Tommy’s Tanning, contact us today.
One of the most common questions that people ask when they enter a tanning salon is “how long will my tan last?” When you are investing your time and resources into a spray tan or UV tan, it’s a valid question. The answer isn’t as cut-and-dry as many people hope, because it has to do with a lot of individual factors.
Here’s what you need to know to have a better understanding of how long your tan can last:
How Long Does a Tan Last?
Those who prefer to use a UV tanning bed to achieve their best bronze will find that the length of time their tan lasts can vary. One individual may be able to go tanning in a UV bed every few weeks and maintain their glow, while others may find that their tan begins to fade within a few days. This has to do with the skin cell composition of the individual. Skin cells will exfoliate and replenish at different times for different people. A person who has quick skin cell turnover will lose their tan in a shorter amount of time, while those with a longer skin cell turnover cycle will find that their tan doesn’t fade as quickly. Using the right tanning lotions can help improve the strength and longevity of the tan.
How Long Does a Spray Tan Last?
Spray tans are achieved by using bronzers and other products that dye the skin and give it the appearance of a tan. When done properly, a spray tan can look very natural, but many people are left wondering how long it will last. On average, a spray tan will last between five and 15 days. An individual who has a spray tan applied should work with the tanning specialists at their salon in order to determine a skin care regimen that will help them prolong their tan. Proper skin care techniques can improve the appearance of a spray tan and also make it last for as long as possible. Spray tans can easily be reapplied when the color begins to fade.
How Do I Make My Tan Last Longer?
There are many tips and tricks available to help your tan last longer, regardless of whether you opt for a UV tanning experience or a spray tan application.
- For UV tanning, the best way to maintain the glow is to continue going for tanning sessions on a regular basis. Once you determine how long your tan lasts naturally, you can schedule your sessions to prevent significant fading and maintain the color that you desire. You also can use tanning lotions that help you tan faster or achieve a darker tan.
- For spray tanning, you will want to use the right products after the session in order to maintain the tan. Most people find that using moisturizers regularly will prevent their skin from exfoliating too early, which can help extend the lifespan of the spray tan.
Our clients know that they can trust us to provide them with a natural-looking, long-lasting glow — whether they prefer to use a UV tanning bed or a spray tan. We can recommend tanning lotions that will improve their results and help their tan last as long as possible.
For more information, book an appointment at our tanning salon today.
Those who want to achieve a golden, even tan after a session in an indoor tanning bed will want to apply the right type of tanning lotion before they begin. There are many different types of indoor tanning lotions on the market, but they are not all created equal. It’s important for those who use indoor tanning beds to select the best lotion for their own personal needs.
Common Types of Tanning Lotion
- Accelerator and Maximizer Tanning Lotions — Accelerator and maximizer tanning lotions are often the best choice for those who are new to indoor tanning. These lotions contain more moisturizers than other lotions, so they help to keep the skin hydrated as it adjusts to the tanning process. In addition, they are great at helping an individual get a base tan that looks as natural as possible.
- Tingle Lotions— Tingle lotions are often used by those who frequent indoor tanning salons on a regular basis. They include powerful active ingredients that brings more oxygen into the skin cells. This process allows the skin to darken in color and allows a person to consistently enjoy a better, longer-lasting tan.
- Bronzers— Bronzers are a type of tanning lotion, but they work in a different way. There are a variety of bronzers on the market, so it’s important that an individual user selects the bronzer that will best meet their needs.
Common Types of Tanning Bronzers
- DHA Bronzers— This is a type of tanning bronzer that dyes the color of the skin. The active ingredient, dihydroxyacetone, works to create a brown color on dead skin cells. It can take several hours for a DHA bronzer to take effect, and generally the tan appearance only lasts for a few days until those skin cells are shed.
- Natural Bronzers— Rather than using chemicals to create a bronze appearance on the skin, natural bronzers use plant-based ingredients to increase melanin production and ultimately darken the color of the skin. In addition to providing a natural glow, these types of bronzers also include moisturizers to keep the skin looking healthy and fresh. Given the fact that natural ingredients are used, the effect only lasts for about four days. Those who use natural bronzers need to reapply on a consistent, regular basis.
Benefits of Using Tanning Lotions
Everyone should use a tanning lotion before they begin an indoor tanning session. These are a few of the benefits of finding the right lotion for you:
- The right tanning lotion will assist the biological process of tanning your skin to a natural, healthy glow.
- A tanning lotion is going to amplify your tan and allow you to achieve better results in a shorter amount of time.
- Indoor tanning lotions contain moisturizers that protect your skin, keep it hydrated and allow you to look your best.
Given the fact that each individual has a unique skin tone and skin composition, it’s important that they use the right type of indoor tanning lotion before their indoor tanning session. Those who visit Tommy’s Salons to enjoy our state-of-the-art tanning beds will be pleased that they can work with expert staff members who can recommend the right tanning lotions and tanning bronzers for them. For more information, book your appointment at Tommy’s Salons today.
At our Tommy’s Tanning locations all around CT, we exist to help you achieve the smooth, tan, and even-toned skin you want. Our tanning centers offer a friendly, welcoming environment, helpful, knowledgeable staff, and many comfortable, high-tech indoor tanning options. No appointment is ever needed. Our advanced, streamlined UV tanning beds (also called sunbeds) are clean and comfortable, with sessions timed to fit your skin type and tanning goals. You’ll get a fantastic sunbed tan at any of our dozen CT tanning locations. We also offer sunless tanning in our private spray tan booths. Today we’ll share our expert tanning bed tips for beginners to help you get the most out of your tanning salon visits.
Indoor Tanning Bed Tips for Beginners
Follow our indoor tanning bed tips for the best tan ever:
- Before your visit: Shower using fragrance-free soap (without moisturizer) and exfoliate (to slough away dead skin), when you’re planning to visit the tanning salon. This provides for a long-lasting, even suntan.
- Check our medication list or talk to your doctor: Some medications increase your skin’s photosensitivity. You may need to shorten your UV tanning sessions or opt for sunless spray tans in CT, so you can look great with no UV exposure.
- Use one of our pre-tan accelerator lotions: To maximize your tan, we offer specialized skin care products to extend the life of your tan at our Connecticut tanning salons.
- Tell us your tanning goal: Would you prefer a deep, dark tan–or a light tan? Do you want to establish a base tan before your vacation? Are you tanning for an upcoming event, like a wedding? Do you want to stay tan all year round? Depending upon your wishes, our Smart Tan certified staff helps you achieve your tanning goal quickly and safely.
- Tan smart for your skin type: Achieving a dark, even skin tone means something different to every person. Our expert staff can advise you and we help you build your tan comfortably, to achieve the attractive skin tone that works for you.
- Consider the sunless tan option: If your skin burns easily–you might want to try our automatic spray tan booth to get the look you want.
- Choose a tanning bed type: Our basic tanning bed is a great place to start. If, later on, you want a faster bed for quicker tanning in fewer sessions, we can advise you. We also offer specialized tanning beds and equipment for the face and shoulders, vertical stand-up tanning, spray tan boothsand more. Don’t worry, we’ll guide you and set proper UV intensity settings for your needs and skin type.
- Be sure to goggle up: Essential tanning goggles to protect your eyes are sold at all salons.
- Wear what you like: Tan inyour shorts, bikini, underwear, or tan nude – it’s your choice in your private tanning booth.
- Relax on the gleaming, acrylic surface of your tanning bed: When ready, simply pull down the cover (lid) of the bed, so it sits just above your body–and press the button next to you, to begin tanning. A few minutes later, you’re done!
- Ask questions anytime: Hit the call button next to your tanning bed, if you need assistance.
- Save money with a tanning plan: At Tommy’s Tanning Salons, you can pay per session whenever you stop by–with no strings attached. We never tie you into long contracts with any of our optional tanning membership discount plans. You’re free to cancel anytime. We even offer an unlimited tanning plan with convenient auto-debit payment, where you can stop in to tan as often as you like.
Tips on Indoor Tanning: Comfort and Relaxation
At Tommy’s Tanning you can completely customize your tanning session! Our tanning bed comfort options include handy fans next to each bed—and you can listen to your favorite music using our in-room music player connections. For the full “tanning spa” experience, try our aromatherapy oils for a lovely scent-sation while you tan. After tanning, we offer luxurious skin creams, designed to soften skin and help your “touchable tan” look terrific for weeks to come.
Stop by Tommy’s and We’ll Make You Welcome
If our beginner indoor tanning tips have helped you, we offer even more at our salons. For personalized, expert tanning advice–tailored to your specific needs–visit any of our dozen indoor tanning locations across Connecticut. No appointments are ever needed during our convenient open hours! Visit or contact your local Tommy’s Tanning Salon today!
As a CT resident or visitor, you never need to ask, “Where can I find comfortable tanning beds near me?” That’s because, at Tommy’s Tanning, we have more than a dozen convenient, walk-in tanning bed locations across the state. That’s right, Tommy’s tanning beds are always near you in Connecticut!
Are There Any Tanning Beds Near My Location?
Here in Connecticut, the answer is always “yes!” When you’re idly wondering, “Where can I find the ultimate in convenient, affordable, on-demand tanning beds near me in CT,” just stop in to any Tommy’s Tanning spot. If you’re out doing errands, on your way to work or class, you’ll very likely pass right by a Tommy’s Tanning bed location. With a simple application of the brakes, or a step to the right (or left) and you are here! At Tommy’s Tanning, our high-end tanning experience won’t waste your time or bust your budget. Tommy’s Tanning is here to help you look great and feel terrific — at a moment’s notice — all over Connecticut. Visit your local Tommy’s for a gorgeous CT tan today.
Can I Use My Tommy’s Tanning Membership Everywhere in CT?
Yes! If you decide to sign up for one of our money-saving tanning plans, you have unlimited use (or access to your chosen, subscribed number of tanning sessions) as part of your monthly membership. You can choose the Tommy’s tanning plan that fits your needs–and feel free to cancel your monthly plan anytime. All plans are budget friendly. If you’re not yet certain how many sessions you want or need, no problem. Membership is not required. We are happy to earn your loyalty–so you’ll come back because you like our service–not because you joined up. You will never feel trapped, or locked into a contract, at Tommy’s high-tech, yet low-key, tanning locations. We truly appreciate all our customers!
Do I Have to Join to Use Tommy’s High-end Tanning Beds?
No! Tommy’s Tanning is flexible to fit your needs. We believe in spontaneous tanning. We offer multiple tanning options, including UV tanning beds, vertical tanning booths and sunless tanning (spray-on tans). There’s absolutely no requirement to join anything. There’s no hassle when you stop in at Tommy’s “tanning beds near me.” You’re welcome to simply pay for a session whenever you want to use Tommy’s Tanning beds. Pay-as-you-go and tan as needed. After all, it’s a fast-paced world these days. You may not know, in advance, when you might have time for a quick tan in our state-of-the-art tanning beds. That’s why we are here for your tanning needs at a moment’s notice. Wherever you see our sign, just pull over and/or walk right in. Tommy’s is the definition of “tanning beds near my location” in CT.
Spray tanning gets a bad rep. Many people associate it with orange-hued skin and streaks. However, spray tanning has come a long way since it first became mainstream. At Tommy’s Tanning, we carry the very best spray tanning equipment so you can get a tan that looks just as good as the real thing. But there are a lot more benefits to spray tanning besides just being tan. Here are some of the often-unmentioned benefits of spray tanning:
Spray Tanning Moisturizes Your Skin
Spray tanning is incredible for your skin, especially when completed at our tanning salons. The reason is because the formula we use contains unique blends of organic ingredients that deeply moisturize your skin. Some of the ingredients used, depending on the treatment you select, include: green marine algae, grape seed extract, ginger root extract, green tea extract, and more. So in addition to receiving a subtle glow, you will experience supple, soft skin that keeps you looking young.
Gives You Confidence
If you think you look good, then your entire demeanor changes. You walk a little bit taller and smile a little bit more. So it stands to reason that if you believe being tan makes you look better, then it will also make you more confident in your day-to-day life. This means that spray tanning benefits can extend into your job performance, your relationships, and more. And since our spray tan equipment is the most advanced available, you never have to worry about streaks getting in the way.
Can Slim Down Your Appearance
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that is true; however, if you want to look slimmer, then this spray tanning benefit is for you. The theory is that the darker the skin, the slimmer it looks. Just like when you wear black slacks or a black blouse. Even Glamour Magazine agrees that a spray tan can make you appear more slim.
Is Easy and Instant
The final benefit of spray tanning is that the results are effortless and fast. If you have a big event coming up, you are going on vacation, or you just want to boost your color for a night out, you can reap the rewards without a wait. We even offer an instant bronzer treatment, so you won’t even have to wait the few hours it takes for the full effect to show through.
Spray tanning benefits go beyond just darkening your skin: they can help your self confidence, appearance, and your skin health. What’s not to love about that? To test these spray tanning benefits for yourself, stop by one of our 14 locations in Connecticut today.
If you find yourself searching online for “VersaSpa spray tan near me”, then you have taken the first step towards a gorgeous, natural-looking tan without the risk of repeated UV-ray exposure. VersaSpa spray tanning is much more than your traditional sunless tanning; it is a complete experience that pampers you and keeps your skin glowing year-round. Here are some of the many benefits of seeking VersaSpa tanning near you:
VersaSpa Combines Science with Beauty
VersaSpa spray tanning works so much better than anything else out there because its technology is based on science. The VersaSpa Pro spray tan locations we feature completely rejuvenate your skin cells to give you a stunning tan. Their formula is innovative, featuring a proprietary blend of brown and green marine algae that works to detoxify, oxygenate, and moisturize your skin while transforming it into a natural tan color.
You Get a Gorgeous Tan Every Time (No Streaks in Sight!)
The formula of the tanning solution isn’t the only remarkable thing about a VersaSpa spray tan. The application process used by VersaSpa spray tan locations in Connecticut is unique in its own right. In fact, it is the most effective spray tan technology available. Once inside the tanning booth, the VersaSpa machine will have you complete four different poses, and then it will coat your entire body all four times. This method ensures no curve is left without color.
VersaSpa Spray Tanning Treats Your Skin Right
The final benefit of looking for a VersaSpa spray tan near you in CT is the incredible treatments you can select in addition to the flawless, streak-free color you will receive. Options include:
- Clear Extended Tan – This option is invisible during the application process, and the color will gradually appear over the next 4-8 hours. It is formulated with Erythrulose and Eco-Certified DHA for long-lasting results.
- Instant Bronzer with Extended Tan – If you want to be able to see the color right away, this treatment will shower your skin with an immediate deep tan color, while still giving you the extended tanning after the application.
- Tan Perfector – This pre-treatment option contains grape seed extract to stimulate collagen and balance your skin’s pH levels to ensure an even spray tanning application.
- Moisturizing Treatment – With this option, you will receive extra moisturizing after the color is applied. The ginger root extract will help improve the skin’s circulation while the green tea extract will cut back on free-radical damage.
If you are in search of a VersaSpa spray tan near you, look no further than Tommy’s Tanning. We have 14 convenient locations throughout Connecticut to help you get the gorgeous glow you are looking for.
You have been daydreaming about your vacation away from Connecticut for months—and in every visual you are relaxing on the beach in your swimsuit, with your perfect bronze tan shimmering in the sun. If you want this fantasy to become a reality, then Tommy’s Tanning is here to help you out. Whether you are naturally fair skinned or you already have a nice glow, here are the secrets you need to know about tanning before vacation.
Why Go Tanning Before Vacation
It’s indisputable that tan skin hides blemishes better. Spider veins, cellulite, stretch marks and brown spots; a rich, golden tan will give your skin a more even and smooth appearance. Many people also believe that tanning can make you appear leaner, and if you feel like you look better, your confidence on the beach is sure to multiply. And really, that’s the most important thing.
Options for Tanning:
If you are seeking a sun-kissed appearance for your vacation, you have two choices: UV tanning or spray tanning.
- UV Tanning – Our salons feature state-of-the-art laydown and standup beds that will allow you to tan in a comfortable atmosphere.
- Spray Tanning – With spray tanning in Connecticut, you have complete control over the shade of your tan, as well as whether you get additional hydrating and pH treatments to really make your skin glow. Come once, a day or two before your trip, or build up a gradual spray tan in the few weeks before you head out of town.
No matter which tanning option you select, Tommy’s Tanning is the best tanning salon in Connecticut. We would love to help you get the bronze shimmering tan that your daydreams are made of. From our variety of rate choices to our abundant Connecticut locations to our extended hours, getting your base tan before you hit the beach has never been easier. Stop by one of our salons today!
One of your favorite things about summer is the flattering tan you can flaunt all season long. But just because summer is quickly fading, that doesn’t mean your tan has to. In fact, with these tips, you can make your gorgeous glow last into fall and winter.
It may seem counterproductive to remove the skin cells that are giving you your tan color; however, exfoliating is one of the best things you can do to extend your summer tan. Exfoliate to remove dead skin cells that make your skin appear dull and drab before you spray tan.
Applying a quality moisturizer every day is crucial for keeping your glow intact. When your skin stays supple and soft, it retains the color of your summer tan longer. While any time is good to moisturize, if you want to make the most of it, apply the lotion right after you get out of the shower and dab off the water. When your skin is damp it absorbs the moisturizing agents much more efficiently.
Visit Tommy’s Tanning
While exfoliating and moisturizing can help your summer tan last longer, at some point it will fade. But that doesn’t mean you have to say goodbye to the color you love. At Tommy’s Tanning we have several tanning options for you to choose from, including traditional UV tanning beds, stand-up beds, and spray tanning.
- UV Tanning Beds – Our traditional lay-down beds and stand-up beds are simple to use and often only require about 10 minutes of exposure at a time for you to achieve the look of a stunning summer tan. Our UV tanning beds feature cooling fans, aromatherapy, and MP3 connections to make the experience as enjoyable as possible.
- Spray Tanning – If UV tanning isn’t your thing then spray tanning is an excellent option to get the appearance of a summer tan. Our advanced spray tanning booth will ensure that you are the only one who knows your tan isn’t the real deal.
Make White Your Best Friend
Our final tip for extending your summer tan doesn’t involve your skin at all. By bringing white into your wardrobe, teeth, and hair, you can give the appearance of a darker complexion. So pick up some whitening toothpaste, go in for some face-framing blonde highlights, and find a light-colored blouse to wear. Even if your summer tan does slightly fade, it may not be as noticeable.
If sun-kissed skin gives you more confidence, there is no reason it needs to only be a thing in the summer. With these tips, and frequent visits to our UV tanning beds or spray tanning booths, you can flaunt that gorgeous glow all year long. Stop by one of the 13 Tommy’s Tanning salons strategically located throughout Connecticut today. We would love to walk you through our spray tanning and UV tanning options and put together a regimen that will help you achieve your goal of a prolonged summer tan.
You came to Tommy’s tanning salon to get a solid base tan before heading to the beach (yay, you!), and then you headed to the waves for some sunbathing. You were smart and wore shades to protect your eyes from the UVA and UVB rays, but, when you took your sunglasses off at the end of the day, you found yourself with a serious case of reverse raccoon eyes. In other words, you developed a tan everywhere except underneath your sunglasses, and now it looks a little awkward when you take them off.
The good news is, if you plan ahead, you can prevent reverse raccoon eyes.
Step 1: Visit Tommy’s Tanning Salon
Before you head to the beach, the lake, or even your backyard, a good base tan over your entire face will help keep the color consistent. At our tanning salons in CT, you can wear goggles that literally cover, oh so much closer to your eyeballs, so you will have a gorgeous glow from your forehead to your cheeks to your chin.
Step 2: Use Sunscreen Everywhere
Once you arrive at your destination, it is important to apply a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 to your entire face. Make sure it’s applied evenly so the skin all receives sunlight at the same rate. The point here is to prevent a suntan or sunburn, because you don’t want lines, so sunscreen is vital.
Step 3: Consider Shade Sources
Of course, there is something to be said for tanning next to the ocean waves or splashing water at the pool, so if your point is to darken your tan, you won’t want to hide under an umbrella all day. But something as simple as a wide-brimmed hat—or even baseball cap—can keep the skin on your face protected from getting too much sun exposure while allowing the rest of you to get the sun you crave.
Step 4: Reapply Sunscreen and Vary the SPFs
If you are going to be out in the sun for longer than two hours, you will want to reapply the sunscreen to keep away those reverse raccoon eyes. However, when reapplying, use a higher SPF on the parts of your face that will not be covered by your sunglasses. Your sunglasses do block out some of the UVA/UVB rays, so by using different SPFs, you can keep them equally protected.
Step 5: Foundation Tricks to Salvage Reverse Raccoon Eyes
If it’s too late for you and you are already dealing with reverse raccoon eyes, don’t worry; there is still a solution. Find a foundation that matches the tanned skin and carefully apply it to the reverse raccoon eyes. By blending it in, you will be able to eliminate the vast difference in skin tone, so the reverse raccoon eyes won’t be so obvious (use foundation, NOT concealer, because it blends much easier). Finish off with some light brown eye shadow to make everything consistent.
There you have it! Now you can have a relaxing, enjoyable day outside without having to worry about reverse raccoon eyes when you are done. Stop by one of our 14 Connecticut tanning salons to complete step one before your next trip to the beach, and reverse raccoon eyes will be a worry of the past.
You were meticulous about planning every detail of your wedding, and you spent months deciding on an immaculate dress. Now all you need is the gorgeous, sun-kissed skin to really make you shine on your special day. In our opinion, a golden tan and a white wedding gown were just made for each other.
Read our wedding-day tanning tips to ensure you look flawless, whether you go for spray tanning or UV tanning.
Spray Tanning Tips for Your Wedding
Spray tanning is increasing in popularity due to an absence of UV rays and immediate results. At Tommy’s Tanning, we use the most technologically advanced spray tanning booth to get you a radiant result every time. But since it’s your wedding day at stake, we strongly suggest you follow these spray tanning tips:
- Do a Test Run – Our spray tanning booth produces a tan that is impeccably natural, but not everyone wants the same shade. And there’s really no way to see exactly how it will look until it’s on your own skin. Come in a month before your wedding for a trial run. See if you love the results after one application, or if your ideal color takes a few visits. Then you will know exactly how to schedule your spray tanning as the wedding day approaches (and make sure to check out these spray tanning tips to get the most from your experience).
- Take Some Photos – As you are testing out the color of your spray tan, get in the same lighting you will be in on your wedding day—whether it’s the chapel, the beach, or your own backyard—and take some pictures. Everything always looks different in photographs, and you know there will be a lot of them taken on your big day.
- Get the Final Spray Tanning Done Two Days in Advance – This allows time for the color to settle into your skin and ensures it won’t transfer to your wedding dress (after the first shower, you are good to go).
UV Tanning Tips for Your Big Day
If you are headed on a beach vacation for your honeymoon and you want to kill two birds with one stone (having gorgeous skin and building up a base tan for your vacay), then UV tanning is the way to go. However, you need to build up the tan gradually so you don’t burn. You should be coming to us at least a month or two before the bells ring so you can tan following our recommended exposure times to avoid burning until you reach your desired tone. Also check with our experienced staff members for the ideal moisturizers to help your tan stay golden throughout your honeymoon.
With our flexible payment options (even unlimited tanning packages!) and convenient hours, getting that magnificent glow for your wedding day has never been easier. Stop by one of our fourteen locations across Connecticut for more information today.
How many times have asked Google to find “tanning salons near me” in Connecticut? It’s understandable; you want a tanning salon that is convenient, and you also want it to offer the best tanning solutions. Well, you no longer have to ask for “tanning places near me” because Tommy’s Tanning has fourteen locations throughout Connecticut, and we provide everything you need to maintain a luxurious glow all year long. Since 1989, we have been voted the top tanning salon in Connecticut. Here’s why:
Hours That Work with Your Schedule
It doesn’t matter if you are searching for “tanning salons near me” at 8:00 AM on Saturday or you are in need of “tanning places near me” at 9:00 PM on Wednesday, Tommy’s Tanning locations are open to work within your busy schedule. We open at eight every morning and stay open until ten on the weekdays and seven on the weekends.
Multiple Payment Options
Another reason you are going to love having us as the result when you inquire about a “tanning salon near me” is because you are in control of your pricing structure. We have options for everyone, whether you want to tan once or enjoy unlimited tanning sessions each month. No matter what you choose, there are no contracts or additional startup/cancellation fees, and your membership is valid at all of our Connecticut locations.
Top-of-the-line Tanning Equipment
Whether you are in need of a “tanning salon near me” or a “spray tan near me,” you will be thrilled with the advanced technologies our machines offer. Our UV tanning beds are available in both laydown and stand-up versions, and many of them include cooling fans, MP3 ports, and aromatherapy options.
When it comes to spray tanning, we provide completely private, state-of-the-art booths that will get you hand-applied results in the privacy of your own machine. Choose from three different full-body treatments, including a pre-treatment to balance your pH, a bronzing treatment for immediate color, or a post-treatment for additional skin hydration – or combine all three for flawless results.
Stellar Customer Service
Tommy’s Tanning is the only answer to consider when searching for “tanning places near me.” Not only do we feature incredible technology, flexible payment options, and convenient hours, we always treat you like a VIP. Our expert associates will assist you with choosing the best tanning options for your needs and skin type, as well as recommend lotions to further improve your results.
So stop looking for “tanning salons near me” and stop by any of our 14 Connecticut locations. You won’t regret it.
Whether you are headed to a tropical vacation or you simply want to up your confidence with a subtle glow, sunless tanning is the new must-experience trend in the tanning industry. There are no UV rays to worry about, the results are evident within a few hours, and your tan looks amazingly natural. Follow these spray tan tips to get the best looking, natural tan possible.
Before Your Spray Tan:
The way you treat your skin before your spray tan is paramount to how impressed you will be with the results. Treat your skin well with these tips:
- Rinse all of the soap and shampoo off in the shower. If you think it’s all gone, do one more rinse just to make sure.
- Skip the deodorant, lotion, and makeup. They put a barrier on your skin so the spray tan doesn’t absorb as well as it needs to.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, and exfoliate. The top layer of your skin needs to be as smooth and clean as possible so that your spray tan gets applied evenly. As an added bonus, exfoliating with a product specifically made for spray tanning can extend the life of your color by three days.
- Bring along dark, loose fitting clothing to wear after your spray tan. Even though the sunless tanning solution we use won’t stain your sheets or couch, you do want something that won’t rub against your spray tan during its setting phase.
After Your Spray Tan
Now that your spray tan is complete and you are looking gorgeous, it’s time to take some extra precautions to make sure your new glow lasts:
- Avoid any kind of moisture for at least eight hours so your spray tan has enough time to develop. This includes water from a pool or shower and sweat from working out.
- Use a spray tan extender like those available behind the counters at Tommy’s Tanning. The ingredients help pull the spray tan deeper into your skin and can protect and extend your spray tan significantly.
- Omit the soap on the first shower you take after receiving your spray tan. Using only water will get off the excess sunless tanning solution without washing away any of the parts you need to stay. Even after that, try to stay away from shampoos and soaps that contain alcohol because they will dry out your skin.
- Use lotion after every shower. This is when your pores are open and your skin is the most receptive to the benefits. If you can remember to apply it at least one other time during the day, even better. Supple skin will help your tan look better and last longer, so it’s worth the few minutes it takes to put on a good moisturizer.
Spray tanning is an easy, quick, safe way to get a sun-kissed glow, and as long as you follow the above tips, you are sure to fall in love with your results—and wonder how you lived without sunless tanning. At Tommy’s Tanning, we are all about you loving your tan, so come in today to give spray tanning a try! With 14 locations across Connecticut, we are sure to be nearby.
You just left the spray tan booth and you are thrilled with your results. Your skin looks like you’ve been on a tropical vacation for weeks, when really, you haven’t left Connecticut. Now it’s time to treat your spray tan right so it lasts—if you take care of your spray tan, you can maintain your glow for as long as 14 days after your sunless tanning application (7-10 days is average). Here are our best tips to prolong the length of your spray tan:
Use Spray Tan Extenders
The absolute best thing you can do to prolong your spray tan is to use spray tan extenders. While any non-oil-based lotion will help (oily ones can make the color come off), you will get superior results if you use one that was specifically made for extending spray tans. Spray tan extenders offered at Tommy’s Tanning contain ingredients that help draw the sunless tanning solution deeper into your skin, so it will take longer for all of the skin cells to slough away. Tan-extending lotions also contain prime moisturizing ingredients to keep your skin supple.
Avoid Products That Strip Your Skin
Once your skin cells die, there goes your spray tan, so your job is to make your skin’s replacement cycle take as long as possible. In addition to moisturizing, you should just as diligently avoid products that wreak havoc on your skin’s pH levels. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Acne Products
- Facial Masks
- Petroleum Jelly
- Make-up Removers
- Insect Repellent
- Anti-aging Products
- Toners with Witch Hazel
- Wax Hair Removers
- Anything with Alcohol
Limit Water Exposure
It is crucial that you give your spray tan ample time to set before you rinse it off. A minimum of eight hours is recommended before you hop in the shower, but the longer you can wait, the deeper the tan will get. That’s why a lot of people prefer getting a spray tan in the evening and keeping it on as they sleep. When it is time to shower, skip the soap the first time around try to keep it quick. Water and soap both dry out your skin, which causes the skin cells to replenish quicker than they should. And when you get out, only gently pat your skin to dry it—rubbing is a spray tan’s biggest enemy. Avoid the pool or the gym for at least a day as well to make sure nothing is washing away the sunless tanning solution before its time.
Get Another Spray Tan
Even though it’s a sad day when your spray tan dissipates, there is some good news: the more often you get a spray tan, the more accustom your skin becomes to it, so it will hold the color longer. However, there is a caveat. You need to make sure the first spray tan is completely gone first so your skin can be properly exfoliated to absorb the new sunless tanning solution.
At Tommy’s Tanning, we are equipped with the most advanced sunless tanning machines on the market today, and they are sure to give you the gorgeous glow you have been dreaming of. Stop by one of our 14 Connecticut locations today and your only regret will be not coming sooner.